We’ve received a few questions about how to go about making a custom call to action. This post covers how you can have your web page preview in facebook reflect a custom image with your call to action graphic. This guide assumes you have Yoast SEO. Our CoachSites customers do have Yoast to make this happen.
STEP 1: Create your FB ad image.
Add your call to action anywhere. It doesn’t matter because truthfully – your entire image will be clickable.
As you can see in this image – we’ve created a red “Click Here” button.
STEP 2 : Update Yoast SEO
Our hosting includes Yoast SEO with every Coach Site. Yoast alows you to determine the preview image that facebook uses. You can edit your settings for your add by :
- Go to the post/page you want to use in your ad
- Scroll down to the Social section and click Social
- Enter the Facebook title and description you want to use.
- Upload the facebook image you want to use. Since the goal is for your graphic with your call to action button to be used, upload the image you want here. Finish updating your post/page and hit publish.
STEP 3 – Use the Facebook Debugger Tool
You can find the debugger tool here : https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
- Enter the URL to your page or post – that you want to use for your ad
- Click Debug
- You’ll notice quite a bit of information come up. This pretty much summarizes what Facebook sees for your site.
- Scroll to the bottom to see what your URL looks like when saved.
If you’ve done this right – you’ll see your new graphic with the “call to action” in the sharing dialog. Now when you share the URL in a facebook post – this is the preview image that will appear.
- If you choose to boost the post you’ll have a post that looks like there’s a button on your image for people to click on to get to your target page.